- Are better in a group.
- Still a limited attention span.
- Will pick up new skills rather quick.
- Will learn when coached properly.
- Practices should still be built around ‘fun’ games.
- Lots of touches on the ball. Lots of repetitions.
Technical Development Areas of Focus 8-10 Year Olds
The main areas of focus: mastering the ball, learning how to train properly, and creating a foundation for the training environment we want to cultivate across the entire club.
Warm up: Focus on different variations of ball control and continuing to develop body movement.
Main Activities: The main activities are developing ball control while learning how to problem solve individually and with teammates. Each session ends with small sided games to goals.
Activities: Different variations of shooting, passing & dribbling. Each activity can build into more difficult variations or progressions that help to develop technical abilities & combinational play.
- Example of games: 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, 3v2, 4v4
- Games can be played to end lines or with multiple goals.
- Each session ends with small sided games to goals.