CSC offers scholarships based on financial need to qualified players on the club’s U09 through U19 soccer teams. Scholarship awards cover 25-50% of the membership fee (does not include club uniform or tournaments) for families that qualify for federal free and reduced lunch programs. Players who try out for CSC teams are encouraged to apply for scholarships if their families meet either of the following criteria or have extenuating circumstances.
- Player’s family uses federal free or reduced lunch programs in area schools.
- Requires a copy of the school district’s free or reduced lunch verification form.
- Player’s family income satisfies the free or reduced lunch qualifications but the family does not apply for school lunch programs. Income guidelines for the free and reduced lunch program are available at https://www.oregon.gov/ode/students-and-family/childnutrition/SNP/Pages/Eligibility.aspx.
- Requires a copy of federal tax return (page one only) for most recent year from all supporting parents or guardians.
To apply for a scholarship, please return a completed application form and the required verification documents (school lunch program acceptance form or first page of federal tax return) to the address on the application form as soon as possible. We encourage parents to mail applications before tryouts begin. The final due date for the application, required documentation and $100 deposit is the team formation meeting following tryouts. Later applications will still be considered if scholarship funds remain after being awarded to on-time applicants.
The CSC scholarship committee makes awards to qualified players after reviewing all applications confidentially. The award amounts are based on available funds and number of applicants. Parents will be notified as soon as the review process is completed.
All players receiving CSC scholarships are required to fulfill the following:
- Turn in a completed application and required verification or income tax document.
- Pay a required deposit ($100) at the team formation meeting following tryouts.
- Make regular monthly payments or communicate an alternative payment plan.
Questions? Please contact Brandy Cervantes at email@example.com.