- Players need to practice the technical fundamentals under game pressure. The players need to be able to perform with more speed and under greater pressure.
- Focus on individual deficiencies.
- Focus on overall body development: proper warm-up and cool down.
- Possession games: 4v2; 5v2; 5v3.
- Players should understand the various positions on the field.
- Players should gain an understanding of the style of play.
- Players should gain a deeper understanding of re-starts.
Age Group Areas of Focus
- Continue training the technical aspects of the game.
- Continued Coerver training.
- 5v2 possession games.
- 5v3 possession games.
- Attacking 1v1 situations to goal.
- Attacking 2v1 situations. Wall pass, overlap and take-over combinations.
- Offense vs. defense focusing on width and crosses.
- Defense vs. offense focusing on the build-up out of the back.
- Movement off the ball. When and where to run.
- Players need to understand positional play.
- Understanding re-start situations.
- A better understanding of team offense and team defense.
- A better understanding of team play through combinations, positional play and positional inter-change.
- General running training.
- Overall body movement training.
- Appropriate training for endurance, power and speed.
- Interval training.
- The U14 player should be able to pass and receive.
- The U14 player should be able to dribble, change directions, show different moves.
- The U14 player should be comfortable in the 5v2 possession game.
- The U14 player should be able to play one and two-touch soccer.
- The U14 player should be able to understand the principles of movement off the ball and checking to the ball.
- The U14 player should be able to find the open player.