- Focus on technical fundamentals.
- 1v1 Offense and defense.
- Possession games: 3v1, 4v2, 5v2.
- Game situations in which the emphasis is on ‘good soccer’. On offense: Control the ball, pass and support. On defense: contain and mark ball-side and goal-side.
- Players should gain an understanding of the different positions and responsibilities on the field.
- Concentrate on overall body movement and athleticism.
Age Group Areas of Focus
- Train all the technical aspects of the game.
- Wiel Coerver Training.
- 3v1 and 4v2 possession games.
- Attacking 1v1 situations to goal.
- Defending 1v1 situations.
- Passing and receiving.
- Movement without the ball.
- Attacking 2v1 situations to goal.
- Offense vs. defense. Understanding their positions and roles.
- Learning to play as groups. Forwards, midfielders and defenders.
- Learning to play within their positions.
- Understand the roles of the positions on the team.
- Understand the rules of the game.
- Developing defensive awareness. Ball-side and goal-side.
- Developing attacking awareness. Moving off the ball. Creating passing lanes.
- Quickness and agility through fun games.
- Endurance through appropriate training.
- Game fitness through 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 interval training.
- A U12 player should be able to shoot the ball high and low, inside, outside and with the laces.
- A U12 player should be able to receive and control the ball with their feet, thigh and chest.
- A U12 player should be able to dribble the ball and run with the ball.
- A U12 player should be able to know what to do in a 1v1 duel, both defensively as well as offensively.
- A U12 player should understand the concepts of the 3v1 and 4v2 possession games.
- A U12 player should be able to demonstrate basic Coerver moves.